Wednesday, March 19, 2008

4x5 Box Camera - Done

I finished the 4x5 box camera tonight. The servo-driven cable release operated the shutter perfectly, and served to take two more test images to verify I finally got focus done right. Both were at f/6.3, as wide as that lens goes. I haven't developed them yet, but should have them done before the weekend.

The spring back I took almost verbatim from the Bender 4x5. Same idea, slightly different execution in the end. It's a little tight, but if that causes problems I can always make a second one with more clearance.

I used two 1/4" cable clamps to hold the radio antenna, same as Brooks uses on his BBKK rig. Velcro all over the top bracket allows the radio, batteries, and servo release to be stuck wherever it's convenient to balance the rig.

So what's next? Well flying it, of course! All this is pending development of the test shots, but I hope to fly it somewhere pretty some time really soon. Unfortunately I don't think there's much more testing I can do. Past this I just need to swallow it, send my best 4x5 lens up into the air, and hope things don't get nasty up there.

Yahoooo!

Tom

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Câmera Digital, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://camera-fotografica-digital.blogspot.com. A hug.