Wednesday, March 26, 2008

It was a Good Day

Corner of Paradise

We all hiked down into Pololu Valley today. I flew my rokkaku, and later my Flowform 16. The rig was set up for autoKAP using the AuRiCo (sorry, no 4x5 KAP at that site until I know the wind way better.) I found out later I was flying for over two hours. It felt like thirty minutes.

I was feeling crummy yesterday, and now I've got a powerfully sore throat and some mild dizziness. I almost crashed the rokkaku into the cliffside, and almost lost my rig to the ironwood trees. My son got sand in his eye and wound up abrading his cornea before we could stop him from rubbing, and he hiked out almost blind on one side from all the tears.

It was a good day.

(In case this makes no sense, please see the pilot episode of Firefly. Watch it all the way through. If it doesn't make sense at the end, you didn't pay attention.)

I can't wait to do it all over again somewhere else in the morning!

Tom

No comments: