Saturday, May 17, 2008

One Last Fling (If the VOG Clears)

I got word yesterday that my camera had shipped. It should be here Tuesday or Wednesday next week. I'm STOKED. I've been playing with demo images from an A650 for the better part of a week, and I just can't wait to put it through its paces, both on the ground and in the air.

In the mean while I have time for one last fling with the 5600. If the VOG clears, that is. The trade winds have basically stopped, so all the gasses the volcano has been pumping out have just stalled over the island. Doctors have been reporting record highs in respiratory illnesses, and the air is so thick we've had to slow down for the drive home from work. It's been nasty.

No wind = no kites
No wind = VOG
VOG = lousy pictures anyway

I hope things change. I need the break.

Still no Tmax 400 film on order, but that's just a matter of time. Meanwhile I'm going to grab the rest of the Tmax 100 for use in my monorail camera, and ground the aerial 4x5 until I can order new film. I might get out to play with the thick air and a patch of trees I saw the other day. It was really ghostly looking, and the black and white film would work well with the monotone landscape. We'll see.

I'm really hoping it clears and Waipi`o valley has wind. I've tried now four times to fly there, and can't seem to get a camera above tree top level.

Anyway, it's late, I'm beat tired, and I'm rambling. Not a good combination for writing.

Night.

Tom

No comments: